Online Request to Transfer Summer Awards
Students awarded the summer grants listed below or loans may submit an online request to transfer their aid to one summer session. However, students must meet the following criteria to submit this online request.
- be enrolled for only one summer session and
- be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours in that session. (Students requesting to transfer the Boost Grant into one session must be enrolled for at least two credit courses in one session.)
- Students enrolled in two summer sessions will not be able to submit this online request and their awards will remain divided into two summer sessions.
- Students will not be able to submit the request until one business day after meeting this criteria.
- Loans will still be disbursed in two payments, one at the beginning of the session and the second one occurring at the mid-point of the summer session.
The summer grants eligible to transfer are: TPEG, UTPA Institutional Grant, UTPA Student Deposit Scholarship and Boost Grant.
The summer loans eligible to transfer are: Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
By submitting this request, I certify that I understand that attending only one summer session will cause my cost of attendance to be adjusted which may result in a reduction of my grant/scholarship/loan. I also understand that I can only be awarded for the summer session that I enroll for and that I must be enrolled for the minimum number of required hours, as stated above. Furthermore, I understand that I cannot be enrolled in both summer sessions if I wish to receive the grant/scholarship/loan for one summer session.
Students must allow from 3-5 business days for this request to be completed.
Once completed, the award transfer will reflect on ASSIST.