The Master of Science in Accounting is designed for students who are enrolled at UTPA in the undergraduate accounting program and wish to pursue a master's degree in accounting as well. The program leads to the simultaneous awarding of a Bachelor of Business Administration degree and a Master of Science in Accounting degree to the successful student who completes all program requirements.
In order to be conditionally admitted to the MSA program, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have completed 75 hours or more of undergraduate work with an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher and have more than 15 hours of undergraduate coursework remaining.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better in ACC 2301, ACC 2302, and ACC 3321.
NOTE: Meeting the criteria for conditional admission does not guarantee acceptance into the MSA program. Currently the overall GPA and GPA in accounting courses are used in conjunction with the letter of intent as the basis for admission to the MSA program.
All students applying for admission to the MSA program should provide the following to the University Office of Admissions and Records (through the Graduate Office):
2. Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
3. If necessary, catalog(s) for evaluation of transcript(s).
4. Letter of Intent explaining why the student is pursuing a MSA degree
Students who satisfy the University graduate admission criteria must then be evaluated for admission to the MSA program. Admission is based on an indication that the student will succeed in the MSA program.
Students with conditional admission to the MSA program may apply for unconditional admittance to the MSA program after completing all undergraduate course requirements.
For additional information e-mail Dr. Jan M. Smolarski at email@example.com or Dr. Randall Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.