The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (OIRE) at The University of Texas-Pan American has seven elements. OIRE:
- Acts as a repository for official institutional census and end of semester/year data;
- Extracts and transforms data into information for analysis and assessment;
- Conducts policy analysis, institutional research and executive management studies to support informed decision making at the University;
- Assures that institutional policies and procedures are in compliance with all appropriate rules and regulations;
- Directs and coordinates institutional planning, assessment and evaluation;
- Serves as a reporting official and liaison for mandated UT System, state and federal reports and projects in the areas of institutional research, planning and accountability; and
- Responds to institutionally mandated internal and external surveys and requests for data.