Administrative & Educational Support (AES) Unit Assessment Process
At the beginning of each fiscal year, each administrative and educational support (AES) unit must submit an annual action plan for the intended outcomes they plan to measure through the coming year. When developing an annual assessment plan, AES units should work with their appropriate unit and division heads to ensure that their plan aligns, when it is appropriate and desired, with division-wide objectives. The OIRE Planning and Assessment Coordinator as well as divisional liaisons will review assessment plans and work with units as needed to refine them. Once plans are finalized, they are recorded by OIRE and posted to the AES Assessment Plans & Reports page.
- Institution Goals
(President & SPAC)
At the end of each fiscal year, each AES unit must report the results and use of results for their action plan. The OIRE Planning and Assessment Coordinator as well as division liaisons will review these reports and will work with units as needed to finalize them. Once finalized, division liaisons will coordinate the approval of reports through their divisions.
Schedule for Administrative Assessment Cycle
Schedules vary for each Division. Please see applicable schedule(s) below:
- Academic Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Information Technology
- Student Affairs
- University Advancement
Administrative Assessment Contacts at UTPA
- Planning & Assessment Coordinator, OIRE
- Liana S. Ryan
- (956) 665-7175
|Division||Name||Phone Number||Email Address|
|President||Liana Ryan||(956) email@example.com|
|Academic Affairs||Enedelia Kidd||(956) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Business Affairs||Liza Salinas||(956) email@example.com|
|Information Technology||Cathy Vale||(956) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Affairs||Michelle Alvarado||(956) email@example.com|
|University Advancement||Sally Mendiola||(956) firstname.lastname@example.org|
UTPA uses TracDat, a strategic planning software tool from Nuventive. TracDat facilitates goal-aligned action and meaningful contributions from all areas of the institution.
For additional information about TracDat, please see the TracDat Resources page.
- Assessment Handbook for Administrative & Educational Support (AES) Units - This document provides a comprehensive overview of administrative assessment, including best practices for developing intended outcomes, means of assessment, and criterion for success, and a glossary of assessment terms.
- Assessment Plan Rubric – This is the tool that the Planning and Assessment Coordinator will use to evaluate prepared Action Plans.
- Data Resources – This is a collection of institutional data tables that are available for administrative units to use when preparing Assessment Reports. Tables include information about classes, degrees awarded, enrollment, graduation rates, retention rates, SCH, and more.
- Stats at a Glance - This is a quick-reference collection of statistics about UTPA.