How can I reduce my Cost?
Apply for Financial Aid
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at www.fafsa.gov
- Visit www.collegeforalltexans.com for more information.
- UTPA Offers a financial aid program for students that enroll for 15 hours called UTPAchieve. Those meeting the eligibility criteria will have tuition, fees and $1,000 of book expenses covered by some form of grant or scholarship aid.
Apply for Scholarships
- Submit a scholarship application by the corresponding Deadline online at www.utpa.edu/scholarships.
- Ask High School Counselors about free scholarships applications that are available.
- Surf the web in search of scholarship opportunities. (Note: it is important to be in the look out of any scams as some may ask for a payment to be given in order to receive an award.)
Register and Pass 15 hours
- UTPA offers a 14-Hour Cap on Designated Tuition for all students as well as a $500 award for those students who successfully complete 15 hours in any fall or spring semester which would be applied toward tuition and fees for the subsequent semester. (Note: Other restrictions may apply for the "15 Hours Cash Back Incentive Program" Plan. For more information about this program, contact Student Financial Services (956) 665-2501.)
Only Take Courses You Need
- A Tuition Rebate of $1,000 is available for students who attempted no more than three hours in excess of the minimum number of semester credit hours required for degree completion under the applicable catalog which the student graduated from. ((Note: Other restrictions may apply. For more information about this rebate contact the Office of the Registrar at (956) 665-2201.
- Save Money by passing courses the first time you take them to prevent being charged the Repeat Hours Tuition Fee or Excess Credit Hour Fee