Name Change Information

To change your name in the University of Texas - Pan American student system, you must submit a Change of Information Formto the Office of the Registrar, Student Services Building Room 1.150. A copy of a legal document with your new name must be provided with the form. Examples of accepted legal documents include your birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, social security card, driver's license, etc.


Student employees should also go to the Human Resources office. Federal regulations require employers to validate that each employee's name on file exactly matches the name which appears on the individual's Social Security Card to ensure proper tax reporting. If you have not requested a change of name with the Social Security Administration, please apply for a new Social Security Card with the nearest Social Security Office.


For additional information on how to apply for, replace, correct, or change your name on your Social Security Card, select here:  Social Security Online