Facility Usage Policies
- A valid UTPA or approved photo ID must be presented upon entry for facility access.
- Non-marking athletic shoes are required on hardwood floors.
- Appropriate attire is required for each designated area.
- Scheduled activities take precedence.
- Facilities and equipment should be used for their designed purpose.
- Smoking or tobacco use in any form is prohibited on facility grounds.
- Patrons may consume food and beverages in designated lounges.
- Service animals are allowed in the facility.
- The use of bicycles, mopeds, in-line skates, skate-shoes or skateboards are prohibited.
- UTPA Wellness and Recreational Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Use of cameras and video equipment in facilities is prohibited without written approval of Wellness and Recreational Sports.
- Solicitation is prohibited on facility grounds.
- Membership is a privilege which may be modified or revoked for cause.
- Patrons will be expected to abide by all university policies.
- Inappropriate behavior may result in loss of privileges and/or suspension from facilities with no fee refund.
Children ages 4 to 17 are welcome to use the facility with adult supervision during family hours. Children between 14 – 16 years of age require adult supervision along with an equipment orientation before utilizing fitness equipment. Family Hours are extended to normal operating hours during university published holidays, semester breaks and summer sessions. Approved special programs may allow children under 4 years of age into the facility.
Facility members are allowed three guests per day. Guests must present an approved photo ID, pay a $6 fee and have a current waiver on file. Self-sponsored guests must present an approved photo ID, pay a $10 fee per day and have a current waiver on file. All guest sales are final, refunds will not be issued.
Personal training/coaching may only be conducted by trainers on staff. The appearance of personal training/coaching by patrons is not allowed.
Children over the age of 5 must use gender appropriate locker rooms. Cell phone use is prohibited. Caution: wet floors in the locker rooms may be slippery.
The above policies are subject to change without notice.