Wellness Center Building Rules
- A valid UTPA or Department approved photo ID must be presented at all times for access to the UTPA Wellness and Recreational Complex.
- The Department of Recreational Sports reserves the right to restrict and/or refuse admittance to its facilities and programs. All University and Departmental policies and procedures must be complied with including those for each area at all times. These rules are available upon request. Abusive language and/or actions toward a staff person or fellow members may result in loss of privileges and/or suspension from facilities.
- Children 17 years of age and under must have a waiver signed (on site) by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children 17 years of age and under may use the Wellness Complex only when accompanied and directly supervised by their parent or legal guardian.
- Weight room and cardiovascular machines are restricted to users 16 years of age and older unless enrolled as a current UTPA student.
- Facility users, with or without compensation, other than the Wellness staff are not permitted to provide instruction, and/or coaching without prior written approval from the Department of Wellness and Recreational Sports.
- No more than three guest per member per day. Guests must pay the appropriate fee and sign the waiver form.
- Shirts are required in all areas of the facility except the pool deck. Shoes are required in all areas of the facility except the pool deck and locker-rooms.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Wellness Complex at any time.
- Eating and drinking are permitted only in designated areas. Please be aware of them. Do not eat and/or drink in activity areas.
- Bicycles, mopeds, in-line skates, skate-shoes, or skateboards are not allowed inside the Wellness Complex. Bike and mopeds must be locked up outside the facility and skateboards and in-line skates must be carried.
- Animals are not allowed in the facility or pool areas unless they are specially trained to aid in the mobility of their owners (ie: seeing eye or hearing ear dogs).
- No hard-soled, floor-marking shoes allowed on the hardwood floors of the Wellness Complex.
- The Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost and found items left over 10 days will be removed.
- No ID – no entry – no exceptions.
- Wireless phone use is not permitted in workout areas and locker-rooms.
- The Wellness Complex does not allow photographs to be taken or video taping in the facility, without prior approval from the Department of Wellness and Recreational Sports.
The above policies are subject to change without notice.