- Cheer Team members are representatives of The University of Texas-Pan American in and out of uniform and will be expected to uphold the highest standards of moral conduct at all times. This includes social networking, Facebook, twitter, etc.
- A respectful and positive attitude must be maintained toward all team members, coaches, and UTPA representatives including faculty and staff.
- Any Cheer Team member under the influence of drugs or alcohol during a practice, game, event, or function will be terminated from the team immediately. Moreover, unannounced drug tests can be administered.
- All members of the UTPA Cheer program are expected and required to comply, on and off campus, with the Student Code of Conduct and to observe standards of conduct appropriate for an academic institution. Violations of University-established policies or regulations, the Student Code of Conduct and the Handbook of Operating Procedures are subject to referral to Student
- Judicial Services and are grounds for termination from the squad.
- Academics and Cheer Team activities will be Cheer Team memberís top priorities.
- Cheer Team members are required to attend and participate in all practices and conditioning sessions, athletic games, and all other designated UTPA events. Absences can be excused at the discretion of the Cheerleading Coaches and /or Administrator. Three unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the team. Extenuating circumstances should be discussed with coaches and or administrators to make reasonable accommodations.
- All team members must be on time and dressed with the appropriate uniform including accessories or any wear to all practices and events. All tattoos must be covered for games and appearances. Failure to show up on time will result in team conditioning. Excuses for being late will not be tolerated.
- Safety of all members is crucial so therefore anything that would put teammates at risk for injury will not be tolerated. This includes horse playing at any time, wearing any type of jewelry, nails should be groomed and no longer than the end of the finger, hair should be off shoulders and out of face and no stunting without certified coach or administrator.
- Sportsmanlike conduct must be maintained at all times. Verbal abuse and cursing, at any event, will not be tolerated.
- Cheer Team members will actively participate in fundraising projects, benefit performances, and volunteer work for the community however in all circumstances University Events will take priority.
- Cheer Team members must commit themselves to UTPA and the Cheer Program for the term of one school year, both Fall and Spring semesters.
- Dismissal or voluntary resignation from the team will result in revocation of the memberís scholarship (if applicable).