As a member of the Greek community you will be challenged and encouraged to empower yourself as a student, leader, and a fellow Greek.
Joining a Greek organization, you become part of a larger group of students who value academics. High academic standards are rewarded for outstanding achievement by induction into the Greek honor societies, Gamma Sigma Alpha and or Order of Omega.
Joining a fraternity or sorority can help make your transition easier. Through membership, a student will develop life-long friendships. You are not just joining an organization. You are joining a Greek FAMILY.
We have Pride in our letters, our organization, our community, and our school.
Phi Kappa Theta
Phi Sigma Kappa
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Alpha Sigma Tau
Delta Xi Nu
Delta Psi Alpha
Eta Omega Tau
Kappa Delta Chi
Omega Delta Phi
Sigma Kappa Phi
Sigma Lambda Beta
Sigma Lambda Gamma
Beta Xi Chi
Phi Iota Alpha
· Active: member of an organization who is actively participating with their organization.
· Bid: a formal invitation to join a sorority or fraternity.
· Fraternity: a group of men who belong to the same letter org.
· Sorority: a group of women who belong to the same letter org.
· Recruitment or Rush: a period of time when interested students can learn more about the Greek organizations on campus.
· Legacy: a woman or man who is the daughter, sister, brother, son or grandchild of a sorority/fraternity initiate.
· Alumna: a female, initiated member of a sorority who has graduated from college.
· Alumnus: a male, initiated member of a fraternity who has graduated from college.
· Initiate: a member who has undergone the initiation ceremony of their respective sorority or fraternity.
· Interest or Potential New Member: a student who is not affiliated with a sorority or fraternity, but is participating in an organization's rush events.
· Sister or Brother: a term used by members of a sorority and fraternity when referring to one another.
· Pin: The active pin or badge is a distinctive insignia worn on the chest designating active member or a particular fraternity/sorority.
· New Member Education: an educational period of time when pinned members of a sorority or fraternity learn about the organization's ideals and values.