Send us your best shot!
The Spirit of Involvement photo contest aims to capture the UTPA involvement experience – from a true student perspective. Winning images will be showcased in the Office for Student Involvement and the University Center to share the essence of our community with all who visit the building.
Submissions to this on-going contest will be accepted two times during an academic year:
Fall 2013 Academic Year Deadline
- 5:00 p.m., Friday, September 27, 2013
Spring 2014 Academic Year Deadline
- 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 4, 2013
- The Spirit of Involvement photo contest is open to all UTPA students (full or part-time) enrolled at the time of entry submission.
- Photographs must be the original work of the entrant.
- Each entrant is permitted to submit up to five (5) images for consideration during each judging cycle.
- Through submission of contest entry, entrant grants The University of Texas – Pan American permission to use the submitted image for purposes both related and unrelated to the contest – including, but not limited to: website display, display in the Office for Student Involvement and The University Center, and use in University editorial and promotional materials without compensation to the photographer. All photographs used will be fully credited to the entrant in all such displays and publications.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
Guidelines for Submission
To submit an entry to the Spirit of Involvement photo contest, please complete the following steps:
Click the following link to be taken to the on-line submission page. ON-LNE SUBMISSIONS
If you have troubles accessing the link then follow these instructions:
Go to Bronclink
- Click on the Office for Student Involvement’s Page
- Click on the Forms Tab
- Complete the Spirit of Involvement Form
- Upload your picture in the form.
Files should not exceed 20MB in size. (For printing winning photos, we will need a file at least 5”x7” and 300dpi. We may contact winners to ask them to resubmit larger files for printing.)
You will need the following information to complete the electronic submission form through Bronclink:
- Full name of the photographer, school, major, and class
- Your Bronc e-mail address
- Your telephone #
- Title of the photo (if no title, please list as “Untitled”)
- When and where the photograph was taken
- Full names of all individuals featured in photo (for images featuring large crowd shots, it is not necessary to submit names for individuals who are not main subjects in the image)
- No print or film submissions will be accepted. Submitted photographs cannot include sexually explicit content.
- If UTPA students, faculty, staff, or other personnel appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph before submitting the image to the contest. Download the Photo Release Form.
Judging will be completed by a committee made up of faculty, staff, and students. Entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Photograph’s overall effectiveness in communicating the spirit of the UTPA student involvement experience
- Quality of photo
For each judging cycle, several winning photographs will be selected. Images will be printed at dimensions of ranging from approximately 11” X 17” to 24" x 36" and professionally matted and framed. Images will be displayed in the Office for Student Involvement and University Center for two semesters and will then be presented to the winning photographers. For printing winning photos, we will need a file at least 5”x7” and 300dpi. We may contact winners to ask them to resubmit larger files for printing.
Questions? Please contact Erica Lopez at (956) 665-2660 or e-mail email@example.com
Some of the photo guidelines have been adapted with permission for use by Washington University in St. Louis