Policies and Procedures for the Disability Services Testing Center
These policies and procedures are for all students who are registered with the Disability Services office and receive the accommodation of taking exams in the DS office Testing Center.
- Exams must be scheduled with the Disability Services office at least 5 business days (Mon-Fri) prior to the test date. (Any exam not scheduled in advance will result in the need to reschedule with the instructor.) Final exams should be scheduled 2 WEEKS in advance. NOTE: Refer to course syllabi to schedule all exams early in the semester.
- Exams should be scheduled at the same time the class is scheduled to take the exam. Any variation in time will require professorís approval. Note: The DS office hours are 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Any exams scheduled outside of these times should be scheduled in advance with the professor and DS office.
- It is the studentís responsibility to remind the instructor that he or she is taking the exam in the DS office Testing Center
- The student should explain to the professor the testing procedures and explain to the professor that the test can be picked up by a member of the DS staff, dropped off or e- mailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any special instructions to the DS office prior to the time the student is scheduled to take the exam.
- On the day of your exam the student should come to the DS office Testing Center prepared and ready to begin the exam at the scheduled time. Note: If you show up late, your time WILL NOT be adjusted.
- If the student does not show up for the exam, it will be returned to the instructor the following day.
- It is the studentís responsibility to provide a scantron or bluebook when necessary.
- The student MAY NOT adjust the time or date of the exam without prior written
approval from the instructor.
- If a student misses two scheduled testing reservations without notifying the DS office, he or she must meet with a member of the DS staff before they will be allowed to schedule any further exams.
- Come to the DS office (or fill out the Test Request Form online) 5 days prior the scheduled date of your exam and complete a ďTest Request FormĒ.
- Your professor will be e-mailed your request along with the link to our Test Request Form in order to fill out the bottom portion (granting permission for notes, books, etc).
- Come to the DS office at the scheduled date and time prepared to take your exam.