The University of Texas-Pan American Office of Career Services
(956) 665-2243 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Career Services uses an online system that enables students and alumni to easily register their profile information, upload resumes and cover letters, sign up for career events/workshops, search for jobs (on campus and off campus) and select interview times--all on one secure website. In order to take full advantage of the services and resources, you must create a profile, upload a resume and have it reviewed by the staff at the Office of Career Services.
Register in 3 easy steps:
1. Log on to http://my.utpa.edu, in the “My Applications” box section you can click on the Bronc Career Connection.
(Current Students: If after logging on to the Bronc Career Connection you receive a message about your account being inactive, please call Career Services at (956) 665-2243.)(Alumni: If you do not remember your UTPA username or password or have general problems logging on, please call the Information Technology Help Desk for assistance.)
2. The first screen you will see is your Bronc Career Connection Profile. All sections of the profile need to be completed in order to proceed. Once completed, you can click Submit.
3. The last step is to upload your resume and have it reviewed.If you are looking for a job On Campus, you MUST: Complete and sign a Criminal Background Check and submit it to the Office of Career Services
(Your Criminal Background Check will only be processed when you are hired for a position. For more information refer to the UTPA Handbook of Operating Procedures (www.utpa.edu/hop) Section 4.1.2.)
(Under Additional Information, if you do not allow for “Employer Viewing”, you will not be able to access any interview schedules and employers will be unable to view your resume when they search the database.)
(Once uploaded, your account will be in pending status and you will be unable to view any jobs or interview schedules. Your account will be changed to an active status after your resume has been reviewed by one of our Career Advisors.)
· View Direct Wage Orientation and exam on the Bronc Career Connection [Resource Library>Direct Wage Orientation]
Need your resume reviewed? Come by our office during Walk-In Hours every Wednesday & Thursday from 12 - 3:45 p.m.
(Notice of Walk-In Hour changes or cancellations will be posted on the Bronc Career Connection and in the office a week prior to the date of the change.)