Checking the status of your application is just three clicks away after you set up your UTPA account. Our self-service student system called ASSIST allows you to see if your application has been accepted or if you are still pending items to complete your application. But before you are able to log in to check your status, you must activate your UTPA account and set up your Bronc Email. As an applicant, it is very important that you constantly check your Bronc Email for updates on your application status.
ITEMS NEEDED TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT
To activate your account you will need your UTPA username and access to the email account provided in your ApplyTexas application.
We will mail you a letter in a UTPA color envelope approximately a week after submitting your ApplyTexas application. The letter will contain your UTPA Student ID and UTPA username, so keep it in a safe place.
- Go to https://myaccount.utpa.edu/start.aspx
- Click the "I am a first time user and need to active my UTPA account.' link.
- Enter the information requested (the alternate email is the email you provided in your ApplyTexas application) and click ‘Continue’
- Check the email account provided in your ApplyTexas application for an email from email@example.com
- Click the 'Go to UTPA account activation!' link provided in the email
- Review the Policy for the Use and Protection of Information Resources and click 'I Agree'
- Set your security questions and click 'Continue'
- Create your password
- Important: It might take up to 5 minutes to have your password activated in our system. Please allow some time before trying to use your password to avoid locking your account.
Your UTPA Bronc email is going to be used by UTPA to send you official notifications. It is very important that you check it constantly.
- To check your UTPA email, go to http://utpa.edu/broncmail
- The Windows Live ID will be your UTPA username followed by @broncs.utpa.edu
- (i.e. if your UTPA username is “bucky”, your Live ID will be: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your password will be the one you used to log in to the myUTPA portal
- If it is the first time you log in to your UTPA email account you will be prompted to set up your accessibility options.
- You will also be required to select a Time Zone. Pay special attention to this option, selecting the wrong time zone could potentially result in delays or incorrect email delivery times.
- After that is done, you should be able to see your inbox
Now that you have activated your UTPA account it’s time to check your application status.
- Log in to myUTPA (with your username and your new password).
- Once you are logged in to myUTPA, click on the Assist icon shown in the My Applications section. The ASSIST website will open.
- Click on the “Admissions” tab.
- Click on the “Student Admission Status”
- Your application information will be displayed.