ARE YOU A FRESHMAN?
You are a Freshman applicant if you:
- will soon graduate from high school or home school.
- will soon earn a GED diploma.
- already graduated from high school or home school, or have earned a GED and have not enrolled in a college or university after graduation.
- enrolled in college courses while in high school but have not enrolled in a college or university after high school graduation.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online at http://applytexas.org by submitting a “Freshman, U.S.” application.
- Submit your high school transcript. The transcript must indicate your diploma type, class rank and class size.
- Send your ACT or SAT scores directly from the testing agency. UTPA’s school code: 003599.
If you fall under these scenarios, you must submit other documents in addition to the standard documents mentioned above.
- If you attended a high school in a foreign country, you must send your transcript to get evaluated by Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA). FCSA is the only acceptable company by UTPA for foreign evaluations.
- If you attended a private high school, home school or an Out-of-state high school, you must submit a Uniform Admission Policy form. See “Uniform Admission Policy” section below.
All required documents must be submitted to:
The University of Texas-Pan American
Admissions and New Student Services
1201 West University Drive, VC 1.124
Edinburg, Texas 78539