(ITIL Service Design) The process responsible for providing and maintaining the service catalog and for ensuring that it is available to those who are authorized to access it.
The main benefits of correct Service Catalog Management include:
- Creating a service driven culture elevating the perception of the IT organization to a Service Provider
- Providing a source of reliable information to manage investments
- Increasing customer satisfaction allowing to choose the correct level of IT service for their needs
- Setting the stage for a formal Service Level Management process
- Building the foundation to manage Service Requests