(ITIL Service Operation) The process responsible for managing the lifecycle of all incidents. Incident management ensures that normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible and the business impact is minimized.
The main benefits of correct Incident Management include:
- Improved user productivity
- Fulfillment of the levels of service agreed in the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Greater process control and service monitoring
- Optimization of the resources available
- A more accurate Configuration Management Database (CMDB), as incidents affecting configuration items are logged
- Improved general customer and user satisfaction