1. Who is eligible to enroll for an educator’s training workshop?
Educator training workshops are open to the public. Educators at all grade levels and their administrators are encouraged to enroll.
2. Where are the classes held?
Classes are held at the UTPA CESS (formerly known as Haggar building), 1407 E. Freddy Gonzalez Dr., Edinburg, Texas, (956) 665-7571.
3. What should I bring with me to the class?
You should bring a pen or pencil to the class and something to write on. Workbooks are provided for participants depending on the class. The rooms tend to be chilly, so bring a sweater or light jacket.
4. Do I receive something to show that I’ve attended the workshop?
Upon successful completion of the workshop and no pending fees, participants will receive a certificate reflecting the appropriate number of training hours attended.
5. If I misplace my certificate, may I obtain a copy?
Yes. Replacement certificates are available for individuals who took the class within the last five years. There is a $15 fee for a certificate replacement.
6. How can I register for an educator training workshop?
You may use any of these convenient registration options:
Call 956/665-7570 or V/TDD 956/665-7574 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Mail completed registration form with payment or copy of purchase order to UT Pan American, 1407 E. Freddy Gonzalez Dr., Edinburg, TX 78539. Please make checks payable to “UT Pan American.” If you are enrolling within seven days of the start date of the course, please use an alternate method of registration.
Fax registration form a copy of purchase order, to 956/665-7581.
Registration form and payment by check or money order may be dropped in the night deposit box at the UTPA CESS Building Room 1.101, 1407 E. Freddy Gonzalez Dr., Edinburg, TX.
7. What is the fee for the educator training workshop? The fees vary from workshop to workshop. You are encouraged to obtain a workshop brochure for workshop description and fee. The workshop fee includes instruction, materials and certificate of completion.