The University of Texas-Pan American
September 25, 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does the CAMP application replace the college admissions application?
A: No,the CAMP application is a separate form. you should apply to UTPA via the website.

Q: Will UTPA CAMP pay for my classes?
A: No, the UTPA CAMP will help you cover costs of education, but will not pay for classes. We encourage you to sit down with the CAMP Admissions Counselor to discuss your school unmet need. Basically, the more free money you get, the less CAMP can pay for.

Q: If I don't qualify for free money from CAMP, what can I get?
A: CAMP offers you-your own tutor, your own counselor, your own advisor, monthly meetings with speakers (meal provided), CAMP computer lab, book loan program, laptop loan program, special events & field trips, all free. Not to mention that as a CAMP student you will always have a home away from home at the CAMP Center.

Q: What free money will I qualify for if I do have unmet need?
A: Dorm students may qualify for assistance to help pay to live in the Migrant Living Learning Community at Heritage Hall with 10 meals per week. Commuter students may qualify for a monthly stipend (check) for up to $100.00 a month.

Q: how soon should I apply to CAMP?
A: The sooner the better, slots do fill up fast.

Q: What if I still have questions
A: Contact us at

1201 W. University Drive Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
956/665-UTPA  1-866-441-UTPA
UTPA Bronc