The University of Texas-Pan American
Environmental Health and Safety
September 28, 2016

UTPA Campus Map



Workers' Compensation Insurance is a type of insurance specifically designed to provide medical benefits and, in some cases, financial payments to employees on the payroll of The University of Texas System who suffer injuries or occupational diseases in the course and scope of employment. In instances of injury or illness arising out of or in the course of employment, the employee is entitled to all medical aid, hospital services, and medication reasonably required at the time of injury and anytime thereafter to cure and relieve the effects naturally resulting from the injury. In some instances, financial benefits will be available to offset a temporary loss of wage earning capacity and/or to compensate for permanent impairment due to the injury.

What to do in the Event of an Injury

If you incur an injury during the course of your employment:

  1. Notify your Supervisor and complete a First Report of Injury or Illness Form.
  2. Seek medical attention if it is an emergency.

Notification of on the Job Injury

Please notify your immediate supervisor and DEHS (3690) as soon as possible. This includes Motor Vehicle Accidents.

We may be able to assist - to ensure your medical treatment is done promptly and productivley.


IMO Med-Select Health Care Network

Introduction to the IMO Med-Select HCN

The 79th legislature passed HB 7 that enacted Texas Insurance Code Chapter 1305. Chapter 1305 authorized the establishment of workers' compensation health care networks for the provision of workers' compensation medical benefits. The UT System has contracted with IMO Med-Select Health Care Network to assist employees with obtaining appropriate medical treatment for work-related injuries or illnesses.

What Employers Need to Know

The University of Texas System's WCI HCN will launch April 1, 2013. The UT System is making every effort to make this launch as seamless as possible. To that end, each institution has its own workers' compensation insurance representative and health care network point of contact. Additional information can be found on the HCN Employer page.

What Employees Need to Know

What does this mean for me as an employee? The health care network will provide UT System employees, who live in network service areas, the opportunity for improved quality of care and help in returning to work as soon as medically appropriate. Additional information can be found on the HCN Employee page.

Useful Information


1201 W. University Drive Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
956/381-UTPA  1-866-441-UTPA
UTPA Bronc