"Parking permits are available to order online during registration period only for the term selected and through payment deadline for that term. Summer I parking permits that were requested by May 20, 2013 will be mailed out ."
Click Here To View Parking Permit Fees
To submit an online parking permit request follow these steps:
- Go to http://assist.utpa.edu
- Select term
- Enter online services for students
- Sign in with your UTPA user account and password
- Click on “Personal Information”
- Click on “Parking Permit”
- Select the permit you wish to request
- To confirm request click on “Survey Complete” button
To verify that your permit request was successfully processed, go to Student Services, Student Accounts, Account Detail for term. Parking permits that are requested online and paid for by payment deadline will be mailed to your current mailing address as listed on university records with the Office of Registrar. Parking permits requested online after payment deadline need to be picked up at the Parking Services Office or at Payments and Collections. IMPORTANT: Emergency Loan Funds do not cover the cost of a parking permit.
*Only one (1) permit may be requested online per student per academic school year
Freshmen Parking Policy
- As a freshman (0-29 completed credit hours), we ask that you leave your vehicle parked in a remote parking lot from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday – Friday. A Zone 1 gray colored parking permit will be issued to you that must be hung from your rearview mirror whenever you are parked in a remote lot between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, M-F. Please note that this policy is strictly enforced. For more information about this policy and for shuttle service route locations and times (“UTPA shuttle bus routes”)
Need More Help?
For additional information please call or visit Parking Services (665-2738, Academic Support Facilities Complex Rm. 1.201)