Personnel Action Form [ PAF ] Training Documents
The following are a series of helpful trainings and guides created to inform Initiators and Approvers on how to use the new UTPA PAF User Responsibility created to route the new PAF document.
PAF User Responsibility Training [ Initiator ]
A Powerpoint slideshow providing step-by-step instructions on how an Initiator can create a workflow in the new UTPA PAF User Responsibility accessed via Oracle 24/7.
PAF Quick Guide [ Initiator ]
A one page guide explaining how to access the new UTPA PAF User Responsibility and create a new or update an existing workflow.
PAF Quick Guide [ Approver ]
A one page guide explaining how to access the new UTPA PAF User Responsibility and approve or reject any pending requests.
Records And Leave Management
The area of Records and Leave Management within Human Resources supervises the daily maintenance of personnel records for employees for the University of Texas - Pan American. Records for faculty employees and academic administrators are kept by the Office of the Provost. Both faculty and staff employees may view current assignment and portions of their own record online through Oracle Self-Service. Our area has the responsibility of maintaining personnel files, preparing files for storage, and retrieving files from storage.
Our team of Human Resource Assistants assist supervisors in processing the following types of personnel transactions:
- Creation of personnel electronic record in Oracle HRMS and employee file
- Memorandums of employment, change of memorandums, and terminations of employment for benefits-eligible and special assignment staff and faculty
- Direct wage, work study, revised memos, terminations of employment for temporary staff assignments
- Employee authorizations for Direct deposit
- Salary Deductions
- Negative pay which may result in salary adjustments
- Reviewing of all payroll deductions, earnings and processing of errors
- Handling requests for written verifications of employment for current and retired employees
At some point in your career, you may be faced with a personal or family illness or other life event that requires you to be away from work for an extended period of time. Our area staff is available to assist you in managing the leave you need to handle these life events and ensure a smooth transition back to your role within the University community. You may contact Linda Helgeson at (956) 665-2556 or refer to Handbook of Operating Procedures for an overview of leave/absence categories such as:
- Administrative Absence (e.g., Bereavement)
- Volunteer Service Leave
- Judicial or Legislative Summons (e.g., Jury Duty, Official Witness)
- Military Emergency Leaves
- Time-off Pay Programs (e.g., Paid Sick Time, Sick Leave Pool, Annual Leave/Vacation)
- Disability Insurance or Family Medical Programs (Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability) see Benefits
For any specific leave, you will find guidelines on:
- Definition of Leave/absence
- Procedure for applying for and having a leave/absence approved
- What happens to your benefits during the leave/absence
- Forms to be completed
- Related University and UT System Board of Regents' Rules and Regulations
Procedures for administering leaves/absence can vary by type of leave and procedure for staff vs. faculty employee. If a faculty employee, please consult with your college's Administrative Services Officer within your Dean's Office about internal expectations and procedures.
If there is a discrepancy between information on these web pages and related University policies and procedures and other official plan documents and contracts, the applicable policies/official documents always govern.
Please contact us for additional assistance:
Our Records staff: