Recruitment and Staffing
Welcome to the recruiting and employment services section of the Office of Human Resources Web site. Our staff assists the University of Texas-Pan American departments with the recruitment, employment, and background checks of individuals for positions within the career family classification system such as executive, administrative, managerial, instructional, service/maintenance, trades, security and police positions. Specialized employment services include maintaining the applicant management process and information on outside consultants for specialized activities such as outplacement and executive search support.
People choose to work at UTPA for many reasons and there are even more reasons why they stay for a career. As an employer, the University has an outstanding record of growth and stability and offers a wide variety of exciting and challenging jobs in South Texas. The University employs approximately 1,900 full-time, 749 part-time faculty and staff.*
Please click on the link to visit our Employment Opportunities section to view the most current job vacancies at our university.
The following procedures for the search and the selection of qualified applicants for staff positions are established and available for viewing to the public. Please click on the link to download Interview and Selection Guidelines for Staff. For Search guidelines for UTPA faculty vacancies, you may contact the Office of the Provost at (956)665-2111.
Some of our Frequently Asked Questions are:
- Has my Requisition for Personnel - Staff been received?
- I don't have a computer at home - how can I apply for positions?
- Do I need to submit an application if I've submitted one in the past?
- Can I include cover letters?
- Do I need to submit official transcripts?
- When is my Criminal Background Check conducted?
- How long before I'll hear from the department?
- What are the salary ranges for jobs?
- How can I negotiate the salary being offered?
- Can I forward my application directly to the hiring supervisor/department?
- I will receive my Bachelor’s degree in two months, can I already apply for jobs requiring a Bachelors degree?
Please feel free to contact our Recruitment and Staffing Office staff with any questions you have about the requisition, advertisement and selection processes.
||Assistant Director of Human Resources
Recruitment and Staffing Services Staff