Human Resources Information Systems
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team is responsible for UTPA HR's departmental information system/computing needs and overall integrity of the University's Integrated Human Resource Management Systems. We are responsible for a wide variety of HRIS project implementation and production support activities. Some of our primary functions are:
- To configure, support, maintain, and continuously improve the University's Integrated Human Resources Management Systems
- To recommend and implement HRIS projects based on production issues and/or departmental IS needs
- To act as the liaison between IT/Consultant and functional end users to bridge the gap between technical and functional requirements.
- To work closely with the IT department in providing detailed departmental requirements on conversion, interface, report, effort, and ensure smoother development activities
- To provide technical and functional consulting expertise to HR end users and/or implementation team members to ensure that HR requirements are met
- To ensure timely and accurate submission of all required periodic interfaces and/or reporting to UT-System, State and Federal government
- To develop training documents and train HR departmental end users on Oracle HRMS functionality
- To coordinate with other module Business Analysts on production processing, project implementation and/or upgrade testing and deployment
- To work closely with back office end users to ensure employee records are processed timely and accurately
- To provide timely information and statistical reports to university and external agencies
- To recommend, test, and implement upgrades of third party software packages
Our aim is to empower the Human Resources areas through automation and process improvement with effective planning, design, implementation and training, while keeping abreast of evolving technologies.
Please direct your HR Information Systems requests/questions to Oracle-HRBAs@utpa.edu . An assigned business analyst will assist you promptly; or contact Vangie Chia - Director of HR Information Systems at (956)665-8734 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a listing of the staff, please refer to the HR Staff Directory.