The Employee Relations area is responsible for providing assistance and support to University employees in the areas of:
- Corrective Discipline
- Employee Grievances
- HR Procedures and Policies
- Reorganization/Reduction in Force
- Unemployment Compensation Claims and Hearings
- Employee Exit Interviews
Employee Relations assists with developing, maintaining and improving employee relationships via communication, performance management, processing grievances and/or disputes as well as interpreting and conveying University policies. Essentially, Employee Relations is concerned with preventing and resolving problems involving employees which stem out of or affect work situations.
Some of the more common inquiries include:
- Can the department place a new employee on probation, and if so, for how long?
- Can a regular (benefits-eligible) employee attend classes as a student during work hours?
- Can an employee work through their lunch period in order to work something like an 8:00 to 4:00 shift?
- Is an employee required to give their supervisor or department advance notice of resignation, and if so, how much advance notice?
- I would like to discuss some work-related issues. What is the best way to do this?
Please contact our office for additional assistance.