The Compensation area is responsible for coordinating a wide variety of analytical and administrative activities in the primary areas of:
The activities include recommending pay rates for all levels of staff positions, identifying, analyzing, and responding to equity issues, consulting on organizational issues, problem-solving, interpreting and developing policies and procedures for staff compensation. Please feel free to download our UTPA Supervisor Guide for Job Audits and Classification Procedures for further information.
Some of the more common inquiries include:
- How to create a new job at UTPA
- How to reclassify a position
- How or when to request a job audit
- Where can I get additional information on job audits?
- How can I request an equity adjustment
- Create or revise job descriptions
- What are the pay ranges for Classified Staff?
- Performance-based pay issues
- Exemptions from overtime
- How do job responsibilities vary within Managerial Level positions?
You may also contact our area staff with any questions you may have.