Organization: Mission, Goals, Authority
Issue Date: February 1, 2003
Mission – The Department of Materials Management strives to provide efficient and responsive procurement and related services to University departments with exceptional customer service and with the highest standards of ethics
Goals – In order to accomplish its mission, the Department of Materials Management pursues the following goals:
- To provide cost-effective and efficient purchasing services for University departments while ensuring compliance with relevant University, UT System, State, and Federal purchasing regulations;
- To provide efficient and cost-effective travel services for University departments while ensuring compliance with relevant University, UT System, and State travel regulations;
- To promote economic prosperity for Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) through the State-mandated HUB Program, including the provision of expertise to potential HUB vendors to assist them in participating in the program;
- To provide efficient receiving, delivery, and shipping of goods for University departments;
- To achieve excellence as defined by the Baldrige-based “Excellence in Higher Education”.
Authority – Authority to obligate institutional funds for purchases of supplies, goods, services, and equipment is delegated to the Director of Materials Management by the President pursuant to authority granted in Part One, Chapter I, Section 9.25, of the Regents’ Rules and Regulations.
Reference – Handbook of Operating Procedures, Section 8.2.2