Referral Form for Student Tutorial Service
Please use the following link to download a copy of the Referral Form for Student Tutorial Service
Update (4/11/14): The submission period has officially ended. Check for updates to find out the final results.
Announcement: UTPA Researched Essay Contest
Find more information by clicking on the links below.
We Have A New Location
The University Writing Center has relocated to the Academic Services Building (ACSB) 2.130. Please stop by if you have any questions.
University Writing Center
The University Writing Center (UWC) offers UTPA faculty and students assistance with academic writing in all disciplines. Peer tutors, certified by the College Reading and Learning Association, assist students in meeting class writing assignment requirements. Other components housed within the UWC are a faculty-reserved computer classroom and the UTPA Writing Across the Curriculum Program.Individual Tutoring for all Academic Areas
Peer tutorials* provide assistance with essay writing in the following ways:
- Clarification of an assignment
- Drafting from ideas, notes, and outlines
- Revision and editing for effective sentence structure
- Creating appropriate writer's voice and tone
- Identification of errors and methods for correction
- Assistance with all documentation styles
- Assistance with incorporating source material
*Peer tutoring is a system based on qualified students teaching other students.
- No appointment is necessary.
- Assignment requirements, textbooks, and class notes should be brought to the tutorial.
- Student should allow time for several tutorials before an assignment is due.