The maximum award is $1,000 for 3-year Lecturers; $2,000 for Tenured/Tenure-Track and Clinical Faculty; and $3,000 for group proposals. Furthermore,
- Applicants should submit only one FDFP proposal per call, and no more than two proposals per academic year.
- Any costs exceeding the award will be the responsibility of the award recipient(s).
- Faculty may apply individually or in groups. If they apply as a group, the maximum amount of $3,000 will be divided by the number of applicants.
- Awards must be expended by the deadline included in the Acceptance Letter.
- An on-line application sent using the link “Faculty Application Form” in the on-line application portal (listed above) is required.
- Awardees are required to submit a one-page report within 30 days after their funded activities have terminated.
- Priority shall be given to applicants who have not received an FDFP award in the past year.
H. In addition to the electronic form found at the website above, each applicant should upload to the website a PDF file of the proposal description (one to four (1-4) typed pages) which includes the following information:
- A discussion about the significance of the training activity or workshop.
- How the activities will enhance the faculty member’s professional development and benefit the individual, Department, and University.
- How the applicant(s) will disseminate the information and learning to other members of the faculty and/or students.
- A budget justification broken down by applicable categories (e.g. travel & lodging costs, workshop registration fees, meals, etc.). If applicants will be using other sources of funds in addition to the FDFP, these should be included in the budget description.
If travel costs will be incurred, include the location (city and state) and the purpose of the travel (e.g., workshop, mini-course, etc.), date(s) of events, and the actual travel costs as per UTPA travel policies (e.g., per diem, mileage, etc.) including documentation justifying costs (e.g., UTPA Travel Service airfare cost estimate, workshop information showing registration fees, hotel quotes, actual mileage if traveling by car, airfare from airline websites, government per diem). For more information, contact Dr. Maria Diaz, 2013-14 Chair of the Faculty Development Council, 956-665-5289 or diazMar@utpa.edu.