Post-Tenure Review [HOP 6.2.9] Due Dates
- Department Committee Established December 2 - 6, 2013
- Candidate submits Post-Tenure folder January 10, 2014
- Department Committee Recommendations1 January 13 - 24, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond January January 27 - 31, 2014
- Department Chair Recommendations 1 February 3 - 14, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond February 17 - 21, 2014
- College Dean Recommendations 1 February 24 - March 7, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond March 10 - 14, 2014
- College Committee Evaluarion (if applicable)1 March 17 - 28, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond March 31 - April 4, 2014
- Recommendations due to Provost April 7, 2014
- Provost Reviews/Recommendations April 7 - 25, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond April 28 - May 2, 2014
- University Tenure Committee (if requested)♦ May 5 - 9, 2014
- President Reviews/Recommendations (if applicable) May 12 - 23, 2014
- Candidate Opportunity to Respond May 27 - 30, 2014
- President's Final Recommendation (if applicable)#
Other related deadlines
Provost Office will provide list to Faculty members due for post-tenure review to Dean for following academic year
* HOP 6.2.9.F.1 "If the post tenure review cycle coincides with the faculty member's application for promotion, then the latter will be considered as a concurrent application for post tenure review."
1 HOP 6.2.9.F.5 "If the dean or the department committee concludes that there are areas of serious concern [candidate receiving does not meet expectations] or that the faculty member is deficient [candidate receiving unsatisfactory], then a college peer review committee will be convened. This committee will be the standing College Tenure Committee.
♦ HOP 6.2.9.F.7 "If either the President or the faculty member requests, the University Tenure Committee will be convened to review the recommendation of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs and advise the President."
# HOP 6.2.9.F.8 "If the President concludes the faculty member is so deficient in meeting his or her comprehensive academic responsibilities as to warrant a recommendation of termination, a faculty tribunal will be convened to review the President's recommendation. The tribunal shall be appointed in accordance with UTPA policies and Regents' Rules."