First Year Faculty Review Pathways [HOP 6.2.6]* Due Dates
- Candidate applies to Department Chair January 13, 2014
- Department Tenure Committee Review January 15 - 31, 2014
- Appeal with Department Committee (if requested)1 January 27 - Feb 7, 2014
- Department Chair Review February 10 - 21, 2014
- Appeal with Department Chair (if requested)1 February 24 - March 7, 2014
- College Review Committee (if applicable)♦ March 10 - 21, 2014
- College Dean Review March 24 - April 4, 2014
- Appeal with College Dean (if requested)1 April 7 - 18, 2014
- Provost Review (if applicable)♦ April 21 - May 9, 2014
- Appeal with Provost (if requested)1 May 12-23 May 12 - 23, 2014
* HOP 6.2.6.C.4 "First year tenure-track faculty will develop and submit a written professional development/growth plan in consultation with their mentor and department chair... The professional development/growth plan covers six years, and should be updated by each tenure-track faculty member and reviewed by the Dean yearly."
1 HOP 6.2.6.F.4 & 6.2.7.F.3 "A request for consideration must be initiated in writing no more than ten (10) working days after the faculty member has been notified of the recommendation... The tenure/promotion committee or evaluator's response for inclusion in his or her portfolio. The reply must be submitted within five (5) working dats of the faculty member's receipt of the evaluator's response."
♦ HOP 6.2.6.F.2 "If any recommendation by the Department Tenure Committee, department chair, or Dean is for non-renewal of appointment, the faculty member will also be evaluated by the College Tenure Committee and the Provost regardless of the review year."