Please provide at least five (5) working days for processing proposals. Staff at OSP work on multiple proposals throughout the workweek and sometimes must work on multiple submissions on the same day. As a result, time is needed to upload files, check for accuracy, obtain administrative signatures, and have time to process on-line corrections through web portals. Please contact OSP through the Intent to Submit form as soon as you know you’ll be working on submitting a proposal.
For those users who have already received training, you may log inand begin using UTPA's instance of Cayuse424 for proposal preparation and routing.
To Log In to Cayuse424:
- Go to http://utpa.cayuse424.com
- Select"The University of Texas-Pan American" from the drop-down list of institutions.
- Enter your current UTPA exchange username and password.
To log into Cayuse424 and approve/sign a proposal: At this point in time the system is set up so that each person in the chain cannot sign until the person ahead of them has signed. If you are listed later in the chain you will have to wait to sign/ approve until others sign /approve ahead of you.
- Go to: http://utpa.cayuse424.com
- Choose “The University of Texas-Pan American” from the drop down list
- Click “Select”
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password. Use your current UTPA usernameand password
- You should be redirected to the Cayuse424 Overview/home page
- If it is your turn to approve/sign a proposal there will be an asterisk next to the Routing & Approval link
- Click on the “Routing & Approval” link
- A list will display of all proposals that you are included in the routing chain for. If the proposal is “0” steps away from you you will be able to approve/sign it.
- Click on the link for the proposal that you are able to approve/sign. This will open up the proposal packet for you to review, if you would like. You can navigate through the proposal using the links on the left-hand column of the page. You can also generate a PDF of the entire proposal packet using the printer icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Once you are ready to approve/sign, under “Proposal Management” in the left-hand column click on the “Routing & Approval” link
- Click on the box to the left-hand side of your name, and a checkmark should appear there
- Once the checkmark appears, you have approved/signed, and you can sign-out of the system using a link in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Once you have clicked on your box the next person in line should receive an email letting them know it is their turn to sign. Unfortunately this email message often goes to junk mail. Regardless of whether or not you receive an email message you can log in to Cayuse at any time to check on the status of signatures in the routing chain.
For projects with a subaward/subawards: Subawardees can prepare their proposal files using subawards. Once prepared, files can be imported into the lead UTPA proposer's file.
If you have any questions or concerns about Cayuse424 please contact ORSP at 956/665-5004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.