- The ONLY education program available is the EC-6 Elementary Bilingual Generalist. The Bilingual Proficiency Test is required for certification. If a student lacks proficiency in the Spanish language, he/she must take SPAN 2308 or 3303 prior to enrolling in SPAN 3304.
- The program requires 36 hours of field experience per semester.
- The program offers evening courses Monday through Thursday from 5:00-7:30 PM.
- Course number designations are 61X for Block I, 62X for Block II and so on. Course load for each semester, except Block IV, is 12 hours.
- The following interdisciplinary courses are NOT taught at UTPA Starr County: ENG 4321/26, ENG3325, HIST 3330, MATH 3308, and SCIE 4370.
- It is recommended that students planning to complete internship II requirements (student teaching) enter in the fall to be able to graduate at the end of the academic year.
- Students may enter the Blocks ONLY in the fall and in the spring.
- Students must FIRST apply to the University and also meet ALL College of Education Office of Admissions requirements and deadlines.
- UTPA Starr County does NOT process any paperwork, nor does it collect tuition or fees. It only provides advisement and offers all Block courses as well as some interdisciplinary courses.
- Students interested in enrolling in the Blocks at UTPA Starr County must FIRST seek advisement from Dr. Richard Irizarry before submitting paperwork to the College of Education Office of Admissions.