Office of Graduate Studies

Transfer Students

Important information for students transferring from a U.S. college, or university

  • If you currently hold an F-1 or J-1 visa from a U.S. college, or university, your immigration information stays at your current school until you notify your international advisor of the date you wish to transfer to UTPA.
  • At that time you, in discussion with your current advisor, will determine a date for you to be released in SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). Please do not do so until you have been accepted by UTPA.
  • When the release date arrives, UTPA will have access to your immigration records and issue a new I-20.
  • Please notify our office of any address changes that may have occurred since you submitted your application for admission or our correspondence may not reach you.