- Refunds: will only be given two weeks before the starting date of the program. No Exceptions! Refunds require 4-6 weeks to process. If a refund is requested for any reason, a full refund will be given less $100.00 (USD). I understand that a $100.00 processing fee and any late fees are non-refundable. If no level is available or if a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, a full refund will be given, less a $50.00 testing fee.
- Student Visa: The I-20 Form will be provided to eligible students. Eligibility requirements: A current bank statement from the person responsible for your expenses is needed at the time of the registration. A bank statement must cover tuition, books, housing and **medical insurance.
- SEVIS Fee: - The Department of Homeland Security requires all foreign students to pay a SEVIS fee of $200 (US) either by mail or via internet, and fill out a form I-901 before making an appointment at the American Consulate.
- Meningitis vaccine: - If you are younger than 30 years old The University of Texas- Pan American requires the meningitis vaccine. You must have had the vaccine during the last five years and you must provide proof of vaccination 10 days before the first day of the program. *For more information please go to the ELI website.
- Medical Insurance: The ELI requires foreign students to buy medical insurance to cover US medical costs. Medical insurance must cover all of the following: 1) Major medical $50,000 (US), 2) Medical evacuation $10,000 (US), and 3) Repatriation of remains $7,500 (US). Insurance must be purchased before taking your placement test.
- Students must be 17 years or older and have completed high school or equivalent. Summer II: 12 years and older. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- US Citizens or Resident Aliens should bring birth certificate, resident alien card or employment authorization letter.
- Transfers to another session are Not Allowed without prior approval from the ELI Director.
If a transfer is approved, a $50.00 Transfer Fee will be charged.