Dean of Library Dr. Farzaneh Razzaghi
Welcome to the University of Texas-Pan American University Library, the major center for informational resources in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. The collection consists of more than 472,000 cataloged book volume items, over 9,700 media materials, and access to over 59,000 print and electronic periodical titles.
The University Library has the following general goals:
- Promoting library use to enhance the curriculum and to stimulate cultural enrichment.
- Providing an environment which is favorable to student and faculty study, research, educational development, and scholarship.
- Cooperating and resource sharing with other libraries, promoting multi-type library cooperation, and functioning as the regional information center.
- Collecting and promoting access to appropriate internationally and culturally diverse materials.
- Attaining and processing resources consistent with the university curriculum and also assisting rapid access to materials not owned by the University Library by adapting and using current delivery technologies.
- Providing service as an information center for the campus and, as feasible, for business, professionals, and the general public.
- Providing education in library use and encouragement of library use in campus instructional programs.
- Developing and preserving collections unique to the area in order to perpetuate the history and culture of the region.