Interested in Study Abroad?
A growing number of students are taking advantage of the opportunity to study abroad in one of the many programs available from The University of Texas-Pan American. If you are among these students and are preparing to study abroad, you may have a number of questions. The planned orientation sessions will give you the chance to ask questions. The information and forms that you must complete prior to enrollment in a study abroad program are listed below.
Student Study Abroad Application Checklist
After you print out and complete the Study Abroad Application Packet, the application forms must be approved by the faculty member teaching the course, department chair, program advisor, academic advisor and Dean of Students. Students must submit these forms along with a copy of the receipt of their first payment to the Office of International Programs. The deadlines for submitting these forms and installments vary, please refer to Installment dates. Please visit the University Wide Study Abroad Programs page for program locations and dates. Early registration is strongly recommended to avoid a late registration fee.
Required Documents (checklist)
Student Application Package: Please complete and submit the application with a signature from the professor and dept. chair
- Application Form
- Letter of intent
- Letter of Recommendation (From UTPA faculty Member)
- Official transcript
- 2 passport pictures
- Copy of Passport
- Participation Approval Form (must be signed by Course Instructor, and Academic Advisor before meeting again with your OIP Advisor.)
- Release and Indemnification Agreement (Dean of Students Liability Form)
- International Health Disclosure Form (completed by student)
Student Program Cost Form:
Signed form is required
Student Financial Responsibilities
- Some of the transportation (taxi, shuttles, trains, etc.)