Office of International Programs

Prospective Students

Interested in Study Abroad?

A growing number of students are taking advantage of the opportunity to study abroad in one of the many programs available from The University of Texas-Pan American. If you are among these students and are preparing to study abroad, you may have a number of questions. The planned orientation sessions will give you the chance to ask questions. The information and forms that you must complete prior to enrollment in a study abroad program are listed below.

Student Study Abroad Application Checklist

After you print out and complete the Study Abroad Application Packet, the application forms must be approved by the faculty member teaching the course, department chair, program advisor, academic advisor and Dean of Students. Students must submit these forms along with a copy of the receipt of their first payment to the Office of International Programs. The deadlines for submitting these forms and installments vary, please refer to Installment dates. Please visit the University Wide Study Abroad Programs page for program locations and dates. Early registration is strongly recommended to avoid a late registration fee.

Required Documents (checklist)

Student Application Package: Please complete and submit the application with a signature from the professor and dept. chair

Step 1: Study Abroad Begins with your Passport.

The U.S. Passport Process

You Must Apply in Person if:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
  • Your name has changed and you are unable to document your name change.

Renew by Mail if Your Most Recent Passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older.
  • Was issued within the last 15 years.
  • Was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marraige certificate or the government-issued document.

Step 2:

  • Application Form
  • Letter of intent
  • Official transcript
  • 2 passport pictures
  • Copy of Passport

Responsibility Agreements

Student Program Cost Form:

  • Signed form is required

Student Financial Responsibilities

  • Airfare
  • Some of the transportation (taxi, shuttles, trains, etc.)

Mandatory Orientation Meetings

1201 W. University Drive Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
956/665-UTPA  1-866-441-UTPA
UTPA Bronc