High School Applicants
Graduating high school students with a high aptitude for math and science, and a strong desire to pursue pharmacy as a career are encouraged to apply. All high school applicants must have completed the following high school courses:
- English - 4 years
- Mathematics - 4 years (including pre-calculus)
- Foreign language - 2 years
- Science - 3 years (including biology and chemistry)
- Social Studies - 3 years
In addition to the above, in order to be competitive, high school applicants should meet or exceed the following academic criteria:
- An overall grade point of 85% or a grade point average (GPA) of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale in the core courses noted above;
- Either a minimum combined critical reading and mathematics SAT score of 1100 or a minimum composite ACT score of 21;
- An SAT or ACT essay writing score above (≥) 6;
- All college courses that transfer to UTPA/UT Austin will be considered.
Lastly, high school applicants should provide in the application or personal statement documentation of the following:
- Leadership abilities and experiences
- Participation in community service or other volunteer activities;
Pharmacy experience (volunteer or employment).
Please select the Pre-Pharmacy Course Requirements link (to the left) for additional information about what will be required upon acceptance into the CPP.
Please select the Application Process and Forms link (to the left) for directions on how to apply.