The College of Health Sciences and Human Services offers the following undergraduate program in the Coordinated Program in Dietetics:
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Major in Dietetics
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Education in Nutrition (ACEND) and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60606-6995, telephone number is (800) 877-1600.
Academics Requirements and Procedures
To be considered for admission to the Coordinated Program, a grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale and seventy-two (72) semester hours of college credit are required.
Application to the professional phase of the program is made when the student has or is about to complete seventy-two (72) semester credit hours. These must be earned at an accredited college or university. Applicants must have completed the following Course Concentrations found on the Degree Plan, which include, the University General Education Requirements, Interdisciplinary Support, Science Support, and the Dietetics Core prior to entering the program. Please refer to the Degree Plan.
Additional Program Expenses
In addition to college expenses of tuition, room and board, books and other general expenses, participation in the Coordinated Program in Dietetics includes the following approximate repsentative fees.
Student Liability Insurance (part of tuition fee) $30.00/year
Physical Exam, Student Health Services $65.00/year
Uniform, Lab Coats, and ADA Student Patches $100.00/year
Meals Varies by personal preference
Associate AND Membership $50.00/year
ADA's Dietetic Gold Pin $35.00
1. Complete all courses and supervised practices (practicum) with a grade of "C" or better. Grade of "C" is 75.0 - 79.9% of maximum possible points.
2. Complete all five supervised practices at least 1200 hours.
3. Complete a Junior Comprehensive Exam and an RD Readiness Exam with a minimum grade of 75% of maximum possible points.
4. Complete university graduation requirements.
5. Issued a Verification Statement for the RD exam.
Please contact UTPA Financial Aid Office.
Mari Espinoza or Lina Ramirez
College of Health Sciences and Human Services
The University of Texas-Pan American
1201 West University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78541