ImX donated by Abbott Labs through Labs are Vital Program
- Clinical Lab Sciences, Nursing and Physician Assistants Program have garnered $1.2 million in scholarship funds from the Health Resources and Services Administration’s Scholarship for Disadvantaged Students (SDS) over the last two years (2007-2008).
- The Program has operated the NIH funded Regional Biotech Project for over five years. The purpose of the project is to increase student interest in a career in science by introducing them to advanced concepts in biotechnology. In 2004, Howard Hughes Medical Institute provided funding for a Mobile Laboratory which offers opportunities for students to participate in science activities on their home campus.
- In 2008, Abbott Labs through the Labs Are Vital Program donated a current state of the art, immunoassay system along all needed reagents, maintenance and training.
- In 2007 and 2008, the Program co-sponsored workshops with the Texas Department of State Health Services to help local laboratories become better prepared to address bioterrorism events.
- Students from the Dec 2011 graduating class placed second in the Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science State Student Bowl Competition in Austin, TX.