- Karen Chandler received the prestigious Bio-RAD Professional Achievement Award in Clinical Biochemistry from the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science in July of 2010.
- In July, 2011, Karen Chandler was inducted in the Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity. This fraternity recognizes those who have made significant achievements in the field.
- Ms. Sandra Tijerina, Associate Professor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, received the Member of the Year Award from the Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science during their April 2008 annual meeting. She also received a regional Omicron Sigma Award for service.
- Mrs. Karen S. Chandler, Associate Professor and Program Coordinator received a Presidential Merit Award at the 2008 Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science Meeting as well as a national level Omicron Sigma Award for service.
- Faculty have continued to maintain an active presence in te American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science at both the state and national level. Sandra Tijerina served as President for the State of Texas in 2007-2008. Maria Elena Reyna has previously served on the TACLS Board. Karen Chandler is the current past president for the same organization and is currently chairing the ASCLS Annual Meeting Steering Committee. She has also served two terms as the National Chair of the Chemistry-Urinalysis Scientific Assembly.
- Karen Chandler has co-authored a chapter in a clinical chemistry book.