The online application feature for the Guerra Honors Program is currently under construction and should be available in early February 2013. For students currently interested in applying to the Guerra Honors Program, please request application materials and information by emailing us at email@example.com. We'll be back in touch shortly thereafter.
Students must apply directly to the Program in order to be considered. Although there is no application deadline, students are encouraged to apply prior to the beginning of the fall and spring terms. High school students may apply before they graduate from high school. However, these students are not regarded as "active" until they are officially enrolled at UTPA either as Concurrent Enrollment students or as entering freshmen.
Who is eligible to apply?
High School Students:
- ACT composite of 24 or higher.
- New SAT of 1670 or higher
- Old SAT of 1110 or higher.
- Ranked in the upper 10% of high school class.
- A 90 or above average in high school academic (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies) courses
Currently Enrolled UTPA Students/Transfer Students:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 at UTPA.
- 12 credit hours earned at UTPA (can include AP/CLEP, and concurrent enrollment hours).
*These criteria only indicate eligibility. Admittance to the Guerra Honors Program is based on the overall strength of the application, vita, and letters of recommendation based on the assessment and judgment of the Director.
**Students who marginally meet the eligibility requirements of the GHP may be admitted on a "provisional acceptance" basis. Such students must maintain a 3.5 grade point average for their first semester at UTPA and maintain all other GHP requirements for Good Standing.