The primary purpose is to provide an exceptional teaching/learning experience, designed to meet the changing needs of our students through the creation of a student centered intellectually stimulating multicultural learning environment that promotes life-long learning.
- (Curriculum/Programs) to provide a variety of quality academic programs grounded in the liberal arts that cultivate active learning, critical thinking, and interdisciplinary perspectives.
- (Faculty) to recruit and retain highly qualified faculty by providing an environment that promotes excellence in teaching, research, service, and student success.
- (Scholarship, Research, and Creative Activities) to facilitate and reward excellence in scholarship, research, and/or creative activities for the enhancement of knowledge that can be shared with the public through presentation, publication, or performance.
- (Service) to encourage and support ongoing professional, university, and community service activities by faculty and students that enhance the quality of life of a multicultural diverse learning community.
- (Student Access and Success) to provide effective student recruitment, development, and retention programs designed to promote and serve a diverse student population.
- (Planning) and Evaluation) to develop and coordinate an ongoing planning, evaluation, and dissemination process designed to ensure academic excellence.
- (Resources) to identify, increase availability, and ensure appropriate utilization of resources that support academic programs, faculty and students.
A member of The University of Texas System since 1989, The University of Texas-Pan American serves one of the fastest-growing regions in the nation with more than 80 different degree programs. Undergraduate students can earn a bachelor's degree in one of 47 different fields, and graduate students are offered 38 master's degrees, as well as doctorates in Business Administration, with an emphasis in International Business, and Educational Leadership.