July 22, 2014

Dr. Aziza Zemrani
Interim Program Director
(956) 665-7845

Department of Public Affairs & Security Studies
Social and Behavioral Sciences- SBS 229
Phone: (956) 665-2545
Fax: (956) 665-2139

Frequently Asked Questions

Question: If I get a graduate degree, should I get an MPA?
Answer: If you are interested in a career in the public sector, that is, government or nonprofit, you should get an MPA. If you are interested in a career in the private sector, you should get an MBA.

Question: How long will it take?
Answer: Two years.

Question: How many credit hours are needed to complete the program?
Answer: 36

Question: How do I apply for the program?
Answer: You may apply online at www.utpa.edu/gradapply

Question: What order should I take courses?
Answer: Basically in the order they are offered, so try not to miss any because it may be a while before that course is offered again

  • Apply Now
  • Request More Information
  • Office of Graduate Studies
1201 W. University Drive Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
956/665-UTPA  1-866-441-UTPA
UTPA Bronc