The CSL’s public display area contains representative species of fauna and flora from the immediate area of the Lower Laguna Madre, Gulf of Mexico, and South Padre Island. The laboratory is open for public visitation 1:30 to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.
Admission is free and donations are accepted. Admission to the Isla Blanca park is $5.00 per car and $15.00 per bus.
Organized school groups, civic and other groups should arrange to visit Monday through Friday 9:00 A.M. to 1:00pm. These groups should call 761-2644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance to schedule a time and date.
The CSL now offers the following Marine Science Educational Outreach Programs for organized school and civic groups:
- Self-guided tour - 1 hour - no charge
- Guided tour - 1 - 1.5 hours - $2.00 per student
- Seaweed pressing (seasonal) - 1.5 - 2 hours - $4.00 per student
- Shark dissection - 1.5 - 2 hours - $6.00 per student
- Squid or starfish dissection - 1.5 - 2 hours - $5.00 per student
- Full day eco tour (lunch included) - 5 - 6 hours - $25.00 per person
- Bird watching tour (lunch included) - 4 - 5 hours - $20.00 per person
For more details on tours click here.
Email email@example.com for price quote.
Cocoa Damsel Fish