Bachelor of Science
To earn a Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology, students must complete:
- 43 Semester hours in General Education ( not including any psychology ).
- The UTPA language proficiency requirement.
- 16 semester hours in core psychology courses (PSY 1310, 2401, 3325, 3343, and 3353)
- 12 semester hours in designated elective psychology courses.
- 3 hours Cognitive Foundations: select one course from Psy 3373, Psy 4319, Psy 4320, or Psy 3345
- 3 hours Theoretical Foundations: select one course from Psy 4318, Psy 4363, or Psy 4333
- 3 hours Developmental/Social/Cultural Foundations: select one course from Psy 3324, Psy 3332, Psy 3333, Psy 3337, Psy 3338, Psy 4326, or Psy 4328
- 3 hours Applications: select one course form Psy 3340, Psy 3405, Psy 4313, Psy 4342, or Psy 4343
- 9 semester hours in elective psychology courses.
- Any 8 hours of science (from the following disciplines) in additional to the General Education science requirement: Astronomy, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, Geology, Physical Science, and Physics.
- A minor or a second major in another program.
- At least 120 hours of coursework, including a minimum of 51 hours of upper-level (3000/4000) coursework.