Students who possess the Principal Certificate and wish to continue further study, may pursue the Superintendent certificate. Students interested in being admitted to the Superintendent program fall 2014 semester must apply through the UTPA Graduate Studies website and get all documentation to the department by August 1, 2014. Students will be notified by August 15, 2014 if admitted.
In order to be considered for admission, the student must have a Graduate GPA of 3.5 or above and must submit:
- An on-line Superintendent credential application.
- An on-line letters of recommendation.
- A Curriculum Vita/Résumé.
- A Statement of Leadership and career aspirations.(2-4 pages; 500-1000 words)
- A photocopy of the Texas Educator Certificate (principal).
- A photocopy of the student’s Teacher Service Record showing 2 years of successful administrative experience.