Department of Health and Kinesiology
October 21, 2016
Dr. Lin Wang
Kinesiology (MS) Program Director
(956) 665-2311

Department of Health & Kinesiology
Physical Education Complex – HPE I 1.110
Phone: (956) 665-3501
Fax: (956) 665-3502
Building Picture


Master of Science in Kinesiology
Financial Aid/Scholarships/Assistantships


Financial Aid

Apply Early and plan ahead to get the financial assistance you need. Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is easy and fast at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Please include UTPA on the list of school you will send your application to by adding our FAFSA School Code 003599.

For detailed information on the grants and loans available to graduate students, view the Graduate Office Financial Assistance page or contact:

Student Financial Services
Student Services Building 1.192
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78541-2999


Assistantships give students the opportunity to work on campus (up to 20-hour workweeks) and are based on college/institutional demands and funds. Students in the traditional program can apply for research assistantship or teaching assistantship through the Department of Health and Kinesiology. For more information, call (956) 665-3501.

Additional assistantship opportunities may be available through the graduate office. For more information email gradschool@utpa.edu, call (956) 665-3661 or visit www.utpa.edu/gradschool.


UTPA has several scholarship opportunities such as the Excellence Scholarship which becomes available every September 1 and must be submitted by January 15. These scholarships are highly competitive so be sure to apply early at www.utpa.edu/excellence.

For additional scholarship opportunities, contact:

Scholarship Office
Student Services Building 1.136
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999

  • Apply Now
  • Request More Information
  • Office of Graduate Studies
1201 W. University Drive Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
956/665-UTPA  1-866-441-UTPA
UTPA Bronc