Master of Science in Kinesiology
Online Admitted Student
Once you have been officially admitted to the online graduate program in Kinesiology at UTPA or if you are in the traditional (face to face) program and would like to take online classes through the UT consortium, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Setup your myUTPA account (my.utpa.edu)
- If you are a new UTPA student, you will receive your user account and instructions via email. Please follow the instructions provided to set up your account.
- If you have attended UTPA at any time in the past, you will use your previous user account. If you do not remember your user account, contact the UTPA Help Desk at: (956) 665-2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a Profile at the TeleCampus.
- Prior to registration, you must create a Profile record and obtain a username and password. Go to the TeleCampus secure area, and click on Obtain Username and Password button on the login page. Complete the profile information. Be sure that the information in your TeleCampus record matches UTPA’s student record.
- Contact your advisor for class advisement
- Submit Your IDEAR Form.
- To register for online classes, you must submit an IDEAR form in TIS. You will receive an email once registration request is approved/denied
- A UTPA “homie” must notify Dr. Lin Wang if planning to take either KIN 6301 or KIN 6302. These two courses must be taken through UTPA and require a different IDEAR form. Complete the IDEAR form and email it to email@example.com
- To register for online courses offered by other universities, see instructions below:
- Visit TIS TeleCampus and log in using your assigned credentials.
- Submit Online Registration Request
- To register for classes offered by UTPA
- Sign into the myUTPA website
- Select ASSIST under the My Applications section
- Select Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Select Term
- And then you will be able to Add or Drop Classes
- Pre-register for Graduate Student Orientation
- Graduate Student Orientation takes place at the start of every Fall semester. For more information or to reserve your seat call (956) 665-3661.
- Pay Your Bill
- You are responsible for payment as most institutions do not bill. Payment must be made to institution hosting your course. Remember, if you fail to pay your bill by the deadline, your registration will be cancelled.
- E-mail Your Professors
- In online courses, it is always a good idea to e-mail your professors well BEFORE classes start. Faculty e-mail addresses are listed under each course description. Course start and end dates follow the host campuses' academic calendars.
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process or beginning your graduate program at UTPA, please contact the Office of Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org or (956) 665-3661.