The Center of Excellence in STEM Education is committed to student and faculty professional development and growth. Below are listings of films, online resources, and iPad applications available at the Center or online to help students and faculty enhance their learning and teaching. Please share your links and resources with us to improve the educational materials for all; click here for your contributions. Thank you.
Films | Online Resources | iPad Apps | C-STEM Software
Come and explore the past, earth, and space! The following 3D films are available for showing at the C-STEM; 3D glasses are provided. To reserve the C-STEM, please visit Room Reservation located on the homepage. In addition, click on the film name to learn more about the content.
For film showings, we kindly ask for groups with a minimum of 15 members.
The following applications are available in the iPads at the C-STEM.
||3D Cell Simulation and Stain Tool
|Click and Learn HHMI
||Organic Chemistry Essentials
||Autodesk ForceEffect Motion
||Chemical Engineering AppSuite HD
||Discovery Channel HD
||Educreations Interactive Whiteboard
||Hubble Top 100
|Mechanical Engineering Magazine
|NASA App HD
||NASA Science: a Journey of Discovery
||PowerOne Scientific Calculator
||Splashtop 2 Desktop App
||Virtual Cell Animations
||The Virtual Bacterial ID Lab
Check out the following softwares to enhance your classroom, teaching, and learning experience. You may just want to share it with others!
|Visible Body 3D
||Anatomy & Physiology
||• 3D human body simulator
• Skeletal system, muscular system, respiratory system etc.
• Includes names and description of body parts
||• 3D astronomy program
• Explore space in any direction or time
• View constellations, stars, and galaxies
||• 3D virtual planetarium
• Displays distances of stars and galaxies
• Eclipse simulation, supernova simulation, etc.
||• Draw and edit complex molecules
• Create chemical reactions and biological sequences with ease
• View and analyze molecules in 3D
||• Advanced molecule editor/visualizer
• Designed for use in computational chemistry
• Use in molecular modeling, bioinformatics, and related areas
||• Descriptive statistics
• Bivariate statistics
• Factor analysis, cluster analysis
||• Image manipulation program
• Image retouching and editing tool
• Graphic design
||• Software environment for statistical computing
• Provides tools for data analysis
• Classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, etc.
||• Image processing program
• Display, edit, analyze, and process images
• Geometric transformations
||• Vector graphics editor
• Includes shapes, paths, text, markers, etc.
• Create layers of images
||• Graphical analysis tool for viewing scientific data
• Visualize scalar and vector fields
• Quickly generate visualizations from their data
||• Mathematics software
• Geometry, algebra, tables, graphing, statistics, and calculus
• View and edit graphs and equations
||• Numerical computing environment
• Allows, matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms
• Create user interfaces and interfaces with programs written in other languages
||• LaTeX editor
• Document preparation system for high-quality editing
• Typesetting of complex mathematical equations
|Wolfram Mathematica 8
||• Matrix and data multiplication tools
• Tools for visualizing and analyzing graphs
• 2D and 3D data visualization tools