How to Apply
- Complete the Application form - Sign the application and obtain signature from Principal.
- Complete the essay as indicated in the Application Form.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it via postal mail to the address shown on the application form.
Criteria for Selection
Applicants must have:
- An appointment as a 6-12 grade science, math or technology teacher in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Previous involvement in professional development activities.
- A personal statement explaining why they are interested in the program and how their participation will help achieve the goals of the RET-ENET program (see application form for details).
- Demonstrated efforts in introducing hands-on activities and/or innovative teaching strategies in their classrooms.
- An interest in integrating technology and hands-on activities in the classroom.
No prior research experience is required.
Participants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The higher-ranked applicants will be asked to submit one of their lesson plans that demonstrate efforts in introducing hands-on activities and/or innovative teaching strategies in their classrooms.