How to Apply
- Complete the Application form - Sign the application and obtain signature from Principal.
- Select top three research areas of interest.
- Mail completed applications to the contact address (postmarked by the application deadline date).
Criteria for Selection
Applicants must have:
- An appointment as a 6-12 grade science, math or technology teacher in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Previous involvement in professional development activities.
- A personal statement explaining why they are interested in the program and how their participation will help achieve the goals of the RET-ENET program (see application form for details).
- Demonstrated efforts in introducing hands-on activities and/or innovative teaching strategies in their classrooms.
- An interest in integrating technology and hands-on activities in the classroom.
No prior research experience is necessary.
Most participants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The higher-ranked applicants will be asked to submit one of their lesson plans that demonstrate efforts in introducing hands-on activities and/or innovative teaching strategies in their classrooms.
- RET-ENET Application Form (Application submission period for the 2013 Summer Program has ended. Please check back later for 2014 application form.)
Deadline for receiving applications and supporting materials is: